Move over, Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Singles Day is coming in hot and delivering a host of sales weeks before the post-Thanksgiving shopping really kicks off. Your Friday and Monday after Thanksgiving might be filled with holiday gift shopping, but November 11 (plus, the day before and after) are now filled with deals as well.
Never heard of Singles Day? We’re breaking down everything you need to know about the shopping holiday, including where to find the best discounts and deals. While the day is dedicated to the uncoupled, anyone and everyone can partake in the savings. Though we know the day is meant for you to buy yourself that little something, it’s still a great excuse to get a head start on gift shopping before things sell out. Ahead are all the best Singles Day sales of 2022 worth jumping on right now.
What is Singles Day?
Believe it or not, Singles Day is one of, if not the, largest shopping holidays worldwide. The idea of Singles Day originated in China, originally called Bachelor’s Day, as a day for those not in relationships to treat themselves. Think of it as a counter to Valentine’s Day, when couples are celebrated and single people are more than not left out. While it’s not an official government holiday in China, the holiday falls on November 11 each year, since 11/11 is supposed to represent four singles, or four ones, standing together.
E-commerce giant Alibaba turned the day into a 24-hour mega sales event for online and brick-and-mortar retailers, growing the savings day into the largest in the world. Now, Singles Day is starting to be celebrated in the U.S., with retailers clued in and sales slowly picking up speed each year.
How do you celebrate Singles Day?
Singles Day, regardless of your relationship status, is truly a day designed for you to treat yourself. If you’ve had your eye on beauty, fashion, home or fitness products, it’s a pre-Black Friday savings event that lets you shop discounts for yourself before you spend the holiday season gifting others. While we certainly love picking out those perfect presents for others, the dedicated day is the signal needed to finally click purchase for those things we’ve been eyeing in our carts, especially at such impressive prices.
What are the best Singles Day deals?
Luckily, retailers are catching on and dropping prices for more than just a day (phew!) and throwing out coupon codes to take extra discounts on sale items — you’re sure to find savings across all categories. Score a personal Nutribullet blender for less than $65, the crowd favorite Always Pan for $95 or even new Kate Spade stud earrings for $12. Shein, the popular Chinese fashion site that boasts more shoppers than Amazon, is offering up to 85% off, plus extra savings can be found with codes “PRE1111” or “LUCKYY“. Celebrity-owned beauty brand Fenty Beauty is offering lip products for $15 and select mini products for $11.
The Best Singles Day Home Deals
- Amazon: save up to 60% off select furniture, kitchen gadgets, vacuums and more.
- Bed, Bath & Beyond: home decor, bath, baby products and more are up to 50% off.
- Blueland: shop home products and take up to 30% off sitewide.
- Brooklinen: sale items are up to 40% off.
- Caraway: cookware, bakeware and more are up to 20% off sitewide with code CYBER20.
- Dyson: select vacuums and air purifiers are up to $150 off.
- Our Place: shop pans, bundles and tableware are up to 30% off.
- Walmart: cookware, TVs and more are up to 20% off.
- Nutribullet: single-serve blenders are 20% off with code SINGLESDAY.
- West Elm: sale items are up to 70% off and bestsellers are up to 30% off.
- Williams Sonoma: kitchen gadgets, tableware and more are up to 50% off.
The Best Singles Day Fashion Deals
- Alo Yoga: take up to 70% off sale and 30% off sitewide.
- ASOS: take an extra 20% off sale items with code EXTRALOVE.
- Coach Outlet: bags, wallets and other accessories are up to 70% off.
- Cuup: take $25 off of $125 and $50 off $200 purchases.
- Everlane: sweaters and outerwear are up to 30% off.
- Kate Spade: bags, wallets and other accessories are up to 80% off.
- Nordstrom: fashion, accessories and beauty products are up to 60% off.
- Savage X Fenty: loungewear is up to 65% off.
- Shein: accessories, skirts, sweaters and more are up to 85% off, and orders over a certain amount can save using code PRE1111, and take 30% off select items with code LUCKYY.
The Best Singles Day Beauty Deals
- Bare Minerals: skincare, makeup and brushes are 20% off sitewide with code SINGLE20.
- Briogeo: shampoo, conditioner and hair accessories are up to 80% off.
- Elizabeth Arden: skincare is 20% off sitewide with code EALOVE.
- Fenty Beauty: Fenty lippies are now $15 and select minis are now $11.
- InnisFree: all sale items are now $11.
- Kat Von D Beauty: select lip products are now $11.
- Pat McGrath: take 30% off purchases of $100 or more.
- SkinStore: select skincare products are 25% off with code SINGLES.
Ellen McAlpine is a commerce editor and writer at Hearst Magazines, covering tech, fitness, lifestyle, and beyond. In her time as a writer, she’s covered everything from top tech items like running watches and ring lights to phone cases and beauty tools.